Are you planning a trip to Thailand and looking for must-see experiences?
From iconic monuments and breathtaking landscapes to delicious traditional dishes, this list of 20 ideas will help you make the most of your time in the country.
Discover the most famous temples, visit picturesque islands, and indulge in the local cuisine.
Take advantage of the cultural highlights and hidden gems that Thailand has to offer.
- Visit the ancient city of Ayutthaya
- Explore the temples of Bangkok, including Wat Arun and Wat Pho
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make authentic Thai cuisine
- Go island hopping in the Andaman Sea or the Gulf of Thailand
- Experience a traditional Thai massage
- Attend a Thai classical dance performance
- Visit the famous floating markets, such as Damnoen Saduak or Taling Chan
- Trek through the jungle and visit hill tribes in Chiang Mai
- Explore the underwater world while scuba diving or snorkelling
- Take part in a Buddhist meditation retreat
- Visit the Grand Palace and the Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok
- Experience the nightlife in Bangkok’s Khao San Road or Pattaya
- Visit the famous Bridge over the River Kwai
- Visit the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar for shopping
- Visit the Doi Suthep, a temple located on a mountain in Chiang Mai
- Visit the famous Wat Rong Khun, also known as the White Temple, in Chiang Rai
- Attend the Songkran festival, Thai New Year’s water festival
- Visit the Khao Yai National Park for nature and wildlife
- Visit the famous Golden Triangle, where the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet
- Visit the ancient city of Sukhothai and explore its historic temples and ruins.