The Night Bazaar in Chiang Rai is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for an authentic Thai shopping and dining experience.
Here’s a guide to visiting the Night Bazaar:
- Location: The Night Bazaar is located in the city centre of Chiang Rai, on Thanon Thanalai. It’s easily accessible by foot, songthaew (red truck taxi), or tuk-tuk.
- Opening hours: The Night Bazaar is open every day from 5:00 pm to midnight.
- What to see: The Night Bazaar is a bustling market with a wide variety of goods for sale, including clothing, jewellery, souvenirs, and traditional Thai handicrafts. There are also many street vendors selling delicious Thai street food and drinks.
- Bargaining: Bargaining is expected at the Night Bazaar, so be prepared to negotiate prices with vendors.
- Safety: As with any night market, it’s best to keep an eye on your belongings and be aware of your surroundings.
- Food: The Night Bazaar is a great place to try traditional Thai street food. You can find a wide variety of dishes at the food stalls, including pad thai, tom yum soup, and mango sticky rice. There are also several restaurants and bars in the area, offering a good range of local and international food options.
- Entertainment: The Night Bazaar features live music, cultural shows, and other entertainment.
- Tips: The Night Bazaar can get quite crowded, so it’s best to visit in the early evening. Also, be prepared to haggle with vendors and wear comfortable shoes, as the market is large and can take some time to explore.
The Night Bazaar in Chiang Rai is a great place to experience the local culture and find unique and unique Thai products.
The night market is a great place to find traditional handicrafts, clothing and souvenirs at a reasonable price, and also a great place to taste the local delicacies and drinks.